Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No darkness

Psalm 139:14-24
"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me: it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whiter shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: If I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea: Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."

Wow! What does this mean? I believe David was trying to tell us that God has perfect knowledge of everything we do and everywhere we go. If I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. Even in our trails God is there. The one place in the universe where God would not be present is hell. In these verses David uses the words "If I make my bed in hell" as an example of the darkness sin brings. Even though God is opposed to all darkness, God would turn the darkness into light in order to find His servant! God is willing to do anything to save the people who worship Him. What I think these verses are saying is with God there is no darkness. "the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Sometimes our sin causes us to feel down and even feel dark. But because we are God's children there is no dark. To him it is the same as light. So the next time you're down or feel as if you need to crawl in a dark hole somewhere remember you can't hide, God knows all, and His light will save you from the darkness no matter where you are! To Him be all the praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment