Thursday, September 2, 2010

the ultimate protection...

Luke 10:16-20

"He that heareth you heareth me, and he that despiseth you despiseth me: and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. And the seventy returned again with joy, saying Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

AWESOME AWESOME word. I really cannot say it enough how excited I get that God is revealing things to me through His word. I've read over these 4 verses probably 10 or 12 times this morning and the last time I read it I got it! :) I was thinking just like the  70 did I got all excited that once again God was protecting us from the devils (verse 17). But what Jesus says in verse 20 is what's so awesome. Almost in tears here... He says (in my own words of course) Yes I am protecting you and yes I give you power to walk through snakes and scorpions but this isn't why you should be rejoicing, rejoice because your names are writtent in heaven." The 70 that the Lord had appointed returned joyful after witnessing because the devils were subject to them by His name. A lot lately I've found myself searching for scripture where God promises he will comfort and protect us in our time of fear and while these verses are true it shouldn't be our main focus and where our main joy comes from. God has given us the ULTIMATE protection!! He has given us (born again Christians) an eternal protection from hell and that alone is enough to be joyous about!! I hope this blesses your heart as much as it did mine this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment