Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's contagious!

My friend Amy challenged me to read a chapter a day of Proverbs. I've read a little bit in Proverbs before but have never completely read through it or studied it. I'm only to chapter 4 and I can already tell it's going to be full of instruction and direction from the King.








Proverbs 4:14-19



"Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not into the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble."







As children of the King it is a battle everyday to fight off the enemy. It's not waking up asking God to fight them off, He's already won the fight. I heard someone say the other day we need to accept His willingness to rein in our lives. It's not about Him stepping in to protect us it's about us allowing Him to. That means to completely LET GO. In these verses God is telling us to stay away from evil. Avoid it, pass not by it, if you happen to pass by it turn from it and pass away. If we allow evil to enter our lives we allow it to take over us. I'm not just talking about evil people I'm talking about evil thoughts, actions, emotions, etc. After it takes over us then it uses us to hurt and pull others down too. Then we become this evil person that can't be happy unless we know we are pulling someone else down. I think eventually we are so corrupted we don't even realize what we are doing. Attitudes are contagious! I am guilty of this! If I start the day with a bad attitude more than likely I will end it with a bad attitude and all the people I was around that day will at some point feel that bad attitude and it will bring them down as well. I won't be able to handle anything that happens that day and everything will set me off and make it worse On the other hand if I start out the day with a good attitude I more than likely will end it with a good attitude. Throughout the day if bad things happen it's easier to face the problems and see the positive in them. Please don't let evil enter your lives. Let God's Marvelous light shine through you! Let's start our days with a good attitude IT'S CONTAGIOUS! Love ya'll!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment