Monday, August 16, 2010

A great word to start a Monday...

:) What a beautiful day the Lord has made Let us rejoice and be glad in it! I had such a great weekend! Friday after work Dustin and I had a great evening out by ourselves. Then Saturday I went to one of my best friend's baby shower! I can't believe we are old enough to have babies! I remember when we use to spend the night with each other and dream about those days that we'd be married and having babies :) (although I'm not having babies YET lol). I guess it's true "Time flys by when you are having fun." Then Saturday evening we got together with the youth at the church and watched Letters to God. That movie is so amazing! Awesome for families and any age really! Very touching! Then Sunday God showed up again in our services morning and night. Last night we went to Derby Place with "Acting Out" to use our talents for the Lord in performing our skits! I received such a blessing by being with them at Derby! We had 3 that had been saved this past week come forward in the services yesterday. I just LOVE that baptismal services are becoming a part of our regular services lately! Can't get any better than that! I still stand in amazement at the handy work that God is doing in our church, in our lives, and in our world! I could never thank Him enough for the work he is doing in my life!
Dustin and I were in Lifeway Friday and I saw a shirt with the verse Ezekiel 36:26. This verse quickly has become very special to my heart! I've shared it with some of the others that have recently been saved too. It says in verse 26-30, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgements, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be YOUR GOD. I will also save you from all your uncleanness: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it and lay no famine upon you. And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen." I want to study up on the fall of Israel so that I can understand better what God was saying to Israel in these verses but I just LOVE what I feel He is saying to me. HE will make in ME a NEW heart AND put a NEW spirit in me AND take away the STONY (or hardened) heart and give ME a "soft" heart! If that can't make you smile I don't know what to tell ya. I've said it a lot lately and I'll say it again.. No matter where you've been or what you've done GOD CAN CHANGE YOU. We can be so foolish sometimes in thinking we can change ourselves! We are weak but HE IS STRONG! Only God change us and isn't it amazing to know when HE changes us we are completely changed all the way to the depts of our heart and flesh! He says He will clean us from our uncleannesses and then He says he will PROVIDE for us (increase the corn). He not only cleans us, He provides too! I'm sitting in PJ's coffee right now and could just shout and sing of His praises! God is so GOOD! I cannot even begin to thank Him enough and I can't wait to meet Him face to face one day and tell Him "thank you for saving me and making a new heart in me!!" Of course that's what I want to say but I can only imagine I probably won't even be able to speak because of His GLORY!
Are you thankful for this new heart God has given you? If you are a born again Christian that's exactly what you have a "new heart." Be happy about it and share it with others. If you are not saved the AWESOME God that I've been talking about can turn your life around, too! There's nothing He can't do! Believe in Him, that if it were only you he still would have come and He can make a change in you that NO ONE else can!! Praise God that He is STILL a saving God! Whew! Thank you Lord for that word! That's a great way to start my Monday!!!
Have a blessed day!!!
*Heather

2 comments:

  1. I really like the part where it says "And I will put my spirit within you,"
    I didn't immediately notice that part, but then after re-reading it, it kind of jumped out at me. So then I went back and read the whole thing over AGAIN. At first it says "and a new spirit will I put within you." A NEW spirit. That's good, but then a few lines down, that is expounded upon..."I will put MY SPIRIT within you." WOW! How awesome is that?! God doesn't give us just any ole new spirit, but He gives us HIS SPIRIT! How GREAT is our GOD!!!

    Love ya!
    ~Amy

    Oh...don't remember if I gave you the link to my blog. If I didn't, here it is: http://sweetteaandfellowship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy I did notice that part sometimes when I start writing I forget somethings thanks for bringing that out for me though. I did find your blog a couple weeks and I've been reading love it and love you!

    ReplyDelete