Thursday, August 5, 2010

A woman's work is NEVER done...

So this morning God led me to Proverbs 31:10-31. My first thought was ok God I've read this and heard it read a million times what can I learn from it now? This is probably why they say never question God. :) This was the answer I got...Read it No matter how many times you've read a scripture God can still allow you to learn through it.

In our woman's prayer group that we started Monday at church, Ms. Dawn (my pastor's wife) prayed and asked God that he would make us into the women HE would have us to be. Proverbs 31 talks about the woman God wants us to strive to be like. Verse 10 says "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." I looked up the definition of virtuous and it said - with moral integrity: having or showing moral goodness or righteousness. Even in those days this "virtuous" woman was hard to find so think about how hard it may be now. In these verses it talks about all she does for her family. I've always heard people say "A woman's work is NEVER done" but didn't really understand it until I got married. :) There are 22 verses about this virtuous woman just in Proverbs and none of them say anything about her complaining. My favorites are 25-26 "Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." I've been challenging myself to not complain when I have to do house work. Dustin asked me once why did I get so mad when I'm cleaning? I almost wanted to say "ugh, mad I'm not mad." when in all reality I was. I realized really quick how selfish I was being. By acting mad because I had to do my job, I was making him in a bad mood. Hence the saying if the wife (or Momma) ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! Now don't get me wrong I think the husband should help out some but ultimately it's our job as wife to keep up the house. I've learned that when I come in from work happy and clean, cook, and do whatever else I need to do my husband is a lot happier man and I'm a lot happier woman. Also if I do this he is more likely to help me. It's contagious :). Verse 28 says "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her." I never ever remember my momma complaining because she had to cook or clean or wash clothes or anything else we asked her to do for us. I respect my momma so much for that and I pray everyday I can be more like her.

Now I know we have our bad days where we just want to sit and waller (sp?) in our own self pitty. But like I've said in a past blog Our worst day is nothing compared to what Jesus went through the day He died on that cross for ME and you. One more verse and I'll be finished for today Proverbs 12:4 says "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones." Think of what we can accomplish if we strive to be more like this virtuous woman. I want to be a crown to my husband! There are SO many other things we can learn from these verses. This is just a little sample of what I learned from it. If you read the verses for yourself you'll see just how many jobs this virtuous woman had. What I have to do is no where near what all she had to do. I think I can manage. :0)

*Heather

3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your blog daily, Heather. I was reminded of this verse and that we do not want to be like it to hour husbands.

    Pro 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

    When we do our task with a merry heart it is contagious but when we do it in a bad spirit it's like the verse above. You know what a dripping faucet is like. You can't stand to even be in the same room with it. Think on that one for a while. I know I'm guilty of having that wrong attitude and spirit.

    I also thought of these verses to. As an "older woman", notice I didn't say old I should encourage you in these duties as well. And you in turn teach it to those younger than you.

    Tit 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
    Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
    Tit 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

    Love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. Karen! I'm really enjoying your comments to my blogs :)
    Thanks for all your encouragement it really blesses my heart!
    Love you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome. You are a blessing too.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete