Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I WILL NEVER leave thee, nor forsake thee....

It's funny how sometimes we get down and out and we may say "why is this happening to me?" or "why won't the devil just leave me alone?" I've said it before, as a matter of fact I've said it lately. I cannot say it enough..Our God is AWESOME! Last night I started praying that God would already be preparing a verse of scripture for me this morning. Actually He prepared 2. I wanted to send one out to the youth for encouragement on their first day of school and he gave me Matt 5:14-16. "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." These are RED letter words which means Jesus said this. Just a little bit of light in the darkness gives light unto ALL that are in the house! If we shine our light for Him everyone in the darkness can't help but see it. The last verse says "that they may see your good works" but not so that WE get glory but that they may "glorify your Father which is in Heaven." Isn't that just awesome!!

The other verse He gave me this morning is in Matthew also. Matthew 4:10 "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, satan: for it is written THOU SHALT WORSHIP THE LORD THY GOD, AND HIM ONLY SHALT THOU SERVE." Even Jesus was tempted by Satan. Satan tried his best to get Jesus to fail but NOPE Jesus wasn't having it. I read this whole chapter but when I was reading these verses I noticed verse 11 says "then the devil leaveth him, and behold, angels came and ministered unto him" and then in verse 12 it goes directly into a different story. I'd like to believe after Jesus was tempted by satan and Jesus told him what He told him, that Jesus picked up his things and continued to serve God by preaching without even once looking back. I desire to be like Jesus! Yes we are tempted by satan and yes life gets hard sometimes. But it's amazing to have that reassurance AGAIN that Jesus says "...I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5. Some people may say "oh those were 'the old days'" Jesus didn't face the same things we do. Oh yes He did. He was tempted by satan, people turned their backs on Him, and many more things we face today He has faced also. So my question for everyone and for myself is.... If Jesus faced those trials and made it through them can't we also trust that we can face them and make it through because He WILL NEVER leave thee, nor forsake thee? I believe we can!

God help me to tell satan to GO AWAY just as You did! Help me to have the strength to walk away from temptation just as You did. Help me to serve You and tell others about You more. Amen!

God Bless and Have a Great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Very encouraging post, Heather. But did you notice in that chapter where Satan tempted Jesus that he had been fast for 40 days and EVERY time satan tempted Him with something that Jesus used GOD'S WORD on HIM. Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
    Mrs. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brought a smile to my face Ms. Karen! I did notice that. I guess that's also why God says to hide His WORD in our hearts that we might not sin against Him. I've noticed already a change in the way I speak to people. Anytime someone asks me about something it seems like God gives me a verse to share with them. It really is awesome how he works in and through us. Thanks for sharing!
    *Heather

    ReplyDelete