Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Having a bad day??

John 16:31-33
"Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe? Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone and yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD."

In this chapter Jesus is explaining to His disciples that He is about to return to heaven to be with the Father. They would no longer be able to "see" Him but the Holy Spirit would be with them. I think the disciples may have been freaking out a little and Jesus was basically telling them there's no need to worry. Believe on Him that they may have peace even in the times of tribulation. Be happy because He has overcome the world.

Since I accepted Jesus as my Savior I've already had many trials. A lot of the times when I experienced these trials I would ask for prayer from my husband or friends and say "I'm not having a good day, the devil is on me today." My sister opened my eyes to something I should have already known. Because of our sin, we are going to have trials. When you give the credit for the bad day to satan he loves it and runs with it. The bad day will only get worse! We are going to have bad days. Verse 33 says "...in the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD." Just because there are "bad" days or trials doesn't mean it's "the enemy." Jesus says we will have bad days. I love the song by the Crabb family Through the Fire. It says in that song "He never promised that the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb. He never offered a victory without fighting but He said help would always come in time so just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision and the advisary says give in. Just HOLD ON our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire again." This is so true! Instead of giving satan credit for my bad days after Mary Helen, my sister, reminded me about this I started just looking at my bad days as God giving me a reason to grow closer to Him. It's a time of testing our faith. Sometimes we can be so dumb to think that we are all alone in our trials. Poor pitiful me, what am I gonna do? Jesus says, "be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." He never leaves us. He is always there fighting for us, telling us come on you can get through this. Trust in me I already overcome it anyway. He HAS already overcome, He just wants us to remember that and rely on Him to take care of us. So my challenge to myself and what I'm challenging all of you other Christians. Having a bad day? think of it as a test. Jesus wants to know that we are strong enough to face what ever may come our way because we have HIM on our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment