Monday, August 23, 2010

LIVE IT...

Matthew 5:1-12
"And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain; and when he was set, his disciples came unto him. And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice exceeding glad for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

Oh how I love God's promises. I can just see all the disciples gathered round to hear Jesus preaching this. This is a very powerful sermon. In all of these verses Jesus is preaching basically about how if we should live for Him, lean on Him, and leave everything up to Him, He will bless us. He is telling us no matter what we go through whether we are poor in spirit, whether we are sad or mourning, whether we are meek and so on, He is going to bless.
In our times of mourning he is our comfort. The God of the universe will comfort ME! We go through some tough times as humans. But God is always there to comfort us. It's so important when we are down to get in His word and fall on our knees before Him so that He can wrap His arms around us in our time of need. You don't even really have to say anything. Just a simple cry of His name and He is there. I think we get so wrapped up in our sorrows that we forget just how powerful our God is. It's comforting to know that He is our comforter! I am a very emotional person at times. Dustin can look at me wrong and I cry, I've just always been like that. In these times is when a big hug could cure everything! God is waiting to give us a big hug! Just call on Him in your times of mourning.
I'm gonna skip down to verse 6, Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Jesus is talking about the Christians who long to live for Him and serve Him. It's a spiritual hunger and thirst. We should always have a desire to be spiritually fed. Jesus says here if we hunger and thirst after His righteousness He will fill us! He will fill us! That's a comfort right there! Just to know that if my desires are in the right place God will fill me! I think he's saying here if we desire to be fed spiritually He will give us the understanding and knowledge we need to understand it better so we can then LIVE IT!
The more I learn the more I realize just how powerful God is. He's all around us. He's in us. Let others see Him in you! I love verse 13 "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." If we aren't living for Him then we are good for nothing. If you try and season your food with salt but that salt has no more flavor then it does nothing for your food so you might as well throw it out. This goes the same for Christians. If you claim to be a Christian but don't live like it and aren't showing others of His love then what's your purpose? I want everyone to know of this peace that I have! I want everyone to experience God's love like I do. I want others to have the comfort in Jesus that I have. Why not show others? It's an awesome feeling to know you've let others see your light not to mention the rewards are GREAT! "Rejoice and be exceeding glad for great is your reward in heaven..."

No comments:

Post a Comment