Tuesday, August 3, 2010

There is POWER, POWER...

I never really thought I had the talent of writing. I always said that was Mary Helen's (my sister) talent. But for some reason God has laid it on my heart to share the things I study. Maybe by typing it all up it helps me to understand it more or maybe He has someone in mind that needs to hear these things. We will see. I'm finding out how awesome it is that God truely directs us when studying His Word. This morning I prayed that God would lead me to a verse that He would have me learn something from. He led me to Ephesians and I somehow ended up in chapter 3. Ephesians 3:20 says "Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the POWER that worketh in us," Someone said it this week and they were right. Do we really understand the POWER that we have in Jesus? This verse says He is able to do exceeding abundantly above ALL that we ask or even think. If anything is even just on our hearts and we are thinking about it God sees that and will do exceeding abundantly above it! Think about what He can do if we just ask. Nothing is ever too big or small for our God. If it's important to you it's important to Him! I may have said this before but since I accepted Jesus into my heart I understand a lot of things I didn't really understand before. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, "Pray without ceasing." I have been doing just this. All throughout the day, I'm praying. Small or big, I bring it to the Lord. I'm so thankful God has put this desire in my heart to seek His will, learn more about Him, and pray. And I'm so thankful that He is POWER in me and He goes above and beyond to answer my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment